Why Bake?

>> Wednesday, July 22, 2009

To us who are already homebakers, our reasons may vary. Personally, I bake because...

1. Baking is fun and therapeutic.

Yes, baking seems to take away the stresses of life. (Well, until I baked for business, it was hahaha!) It gives a strong emotional sense of satisfaction just seeing your kids (and customers) enjoying your goodies.
2. It is cheaper to bake than buy your goodies from stores.
Need I elaborate?
3. I am guaranteed that what I am giving to my family and friends are preservative-free.
Home bakers do not have a need to use preservatives as our baked goodies do not last long on the table either.
4. It's an outlet for my not-so-creative self.
Decorating a cupcake or cake is fun. I am not a very creative person but I was surprised at what I can do. The possibilities to be creative are endless.

Lastly, I bake because...
5. My kids and my family love it.
As a kid, I grew up with a mom who bakes our birthday cakes. However limited are her baking skills, we truly loved it and looked forward to every occasion where cakes were served. My kids love it too. The kids in my old neighborhood loved it. My family loves it. This reason is enough for me to bake my cake and eat it too.
Whatever your reasons are, nothing can deny the fact that baking is gratifying. If you want to start baking, stop thinking and start doing it.

4 comments:

Unknown August 10, 2009 at 2:17 PM  

I agree!I bake to de-stress..it seems to calm our nerves down dun u think?

I really can't wait for u to start baking again!;p

jhoanne,  January 24, 2010 at 8:46 PM  

hello. just want to ask where do you buy Tylose in the phlippines. Thanks.

jhoanne,  January 24, 2010 at 8:48 PM  

hello. i agree also baking for me relieves stree. just want to know where I can buy Tylose Powder in the Phlippines. Thanks

Kate January 25, 2010 at 2:28 PM  

Hi Jhoanna, Sweetcraft in Mandaluyong sells them but I buy another brand of CMC in chemical stores (bought mine at Hi-Q Commercial in Recto months back), they're a lot cheaper. Always ask for the food grade one.

Post a Comment

link within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP