Kitchen Disaster # 1: Baker Wanted for Arson

>> Thursday, July 9, 2009

It's almost one year since the biggest disaster in my kitchen happened. I never opened this story except to my FHO family. Here's exactly what happened to one of the three disasters that struck me one uneventful October weekend.

October 17, 2008 - I woke up early to finish an order for Summit Media, the publisher of Cosmopolitan magazine in the Philippines. It was said to be for a bridal shower. Twenty sexy couple cupcakes. It was the second time they ordered from me for the same design and I just couldn't say no despite having lined up orders for the same weekend already. Besides, who wouldn't want to make their cupcakes part of a famous magazine.
I was able to finish all the toppers the night before and was done with half of the order already. I just need to bake a few more cupcakes for the other orders. The day started with the usual routine: pre-heating the oven and mixing the batter. As I was putting batter on the muffin trays, I smelled burnt plastic and was horrified to see it coming from inside the oven. I wanted to die (exaggerated but that's exactly how I felt LOL) when I opened it and realized that I had not removed some trays of cupcakes I stored inside the oven the night before.


I panicked and burst into tears when I saw the whole thing. I just cried and cried and cried. I called my husband in despair and asked him to come home. I was thinking all the time that everything would be useless, including the oven.

I couldn't contain my frustration and despair that I had to cancel the order of Summit Media. I did not tell Kaye the exact reason but I told her some accident happened. She did not realize until now that the sexy couple she ordered were murdered by a dumb baker. Nonetheless, these couples were still smiling at me despite what I did to them.


Warning: Stop giving me that look, I know I was stupid!

4 comments:

Anonymous,  July 14, 2009 at 12:19 AM  

it happened to me too!! What I did was to scrub alllll the burnt stuff inside and after drying, I heated up the oven again and it was good to go!;p

-Huda
(http://muffillecious.multiply.com)

Anonymous,  July 14, 2009 at 9:26 AM  

oh my god.. really a disaster.. i feel so bad when i read your blog

Anonymous,  August 5, 2010 at 4:11 PM  

waaaah...that was frustrating.too bad it was all gone to waste.

Kate August 6, 2010 at 12:21 AM  

Hehehe at least I can laugh now looking back at that experience.

Post a Comment

link within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP