Baking Tips: From a Homebaker?

>> Tuesday, July 28, 2009

After writing that article “Getting Started in Baking”, I pondered and asked myself why I even wrote those. I am not a certified baker. Except for the cupcake and bread baking classes I have attended a long time ago, there’s nothing else that would give me the license to talk about baking. Then I realized I am not an exceptional case. There are a lot of successful homebakers who don’t have culinary degrees and who are self-taught individuals too.


You see, when I started getting serious about baking, I had a lot of questions in mind. The internet provided me thousands of answers and sometimes it is just overwhelming. I have to experiment several times to get an icing recipe right. I had spent so many hours browsing baking sites just to learn and yet haven’t learned enough. As I have said, the information is overwhelming and not everything is applicable to me.

Most of what I write in this blog about baking is typical to a Filipino homebaker’s experience. If you are serious about baking, there are other helpful baking sites that you can get more information. Just call on your friend Google for help.

Below are two sites that I just love. They provide great recipes and baking tips.

Baking911
Joy of Baking

The information you will find in my site is just a speck of dust from those you will find in the whole world wide web, yet I will continue to share them as you might just find a specific answer here and don’t need to dig in deep into cyberspace.

Good luck in your baking!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

link within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP