The Type of Oven you Need

>> Thursday, July 23, 2009

Depending on what other things you want to do with your oven aside from baking, take into consideration these different types of ovens.

Conventional or All-Around Ovens

This is the most common type of oven installed at homes. For years, I have only known this type of oven. It is generally used for baking and grilling. Some types come with rotary grill or rotisserie. Conventional ovens don’t use fans.

Convection Oven

They are fan-assisted ovens. Fans are located usually at the back or at the sides. Convection ovens are mostly used for roasting that requires low temperature. Just take note, this is not the type of oven you would want to get if your main purpose is baking.

Rotary Ovens

If you are starting a bakery then go ahead and do a research on what this type of oven can do for you, otherwise, let’s put it aside.

Microwave Oven

This is ideal for heating, thawing or defrosting and melting. Not highly suggested for baking as metal baking pans are a no-no for microwaves and microwaves cook from the inside out. Although I have read stories that they were able to bake successfully in a microwave.

Multi-function Oven

New oven models nowadays are already equipped with different functions. My table top oven has convection and rotary grill function which you can just easily turn off when not needed. There are even 4-in-1 ovens that function as convection, rotary, microwave and conventional oven.

Ain’t that amazing? Well, it comes with a price though. The cheapest table-top multi-function oven I’ve seen here in Singapore costs no less than $700.00 or P22,000.00.

There you have it. Prepare your budget and make a choice.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  May 30, 2010 at 12:50 AM  

Can Turbo be use in baking?

Kate June 8, 2010 at 12:47 PM  

I "think" you can. In the turbo oven manual there is usually an instruction on how to bake using the thing, but I think since it is more like a convection oven, you need to lower the temperature setting by 25°F, I'm not really sure. Please let us know if you have any success baking in the turbo oven. Thanks.

Post a Comment

link within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP