I'm Screamin' STEAMED RICE!!!

>> Sunday, July 12, 2009

Let's go directly to the lesson learned for today:

"Do not browse food pictures after midnight, lest you go to bed starved!"

That's what exactly I am feeling right now... starving! I was looking at some of our Cebu trip pictures two Decembers ago and found a blurred photo of one of my favorite foods in Cebu...

STEAMED RICE!!!!!


Dimsum steamed rice is famous in chinese restaurants in Cebu. Whatever it's history is, just Google it. All I care about is how I love and miss this food particularly the one from Harbour City. Dimsum steamed rice is plain steamed rice topped with either pork, beef or chicken cooked in a special sauce. Geeeeeee, gives me more reason to go to bed hungry!

I swear, you can only find the best dimsum steamed rice in no other place in the Philippines than Cebu. Metro Market-Market in Global City in Taguig has a stall that serves Cebu-style dimsum, but the taste is nowhere near the original taste you will find only in my hometown.

It's a must try when in Cebu!

4 comments:

Anonymous,  March 11, 2010 at 7:53 AM  

A friend of mine can cook just like how Harbour City does it. He's from Vegas though. He is famous now all over the west coast! hahaha!

Kate March 12, 2010 at 8:28 PM  

Wow, how I wish I have a friend nearby who does the same hehehe, I miss Harbour City for their steamed rice and... everything. Arg, I got hungry.

Anonymous,  December 30, 2010 at 10:35 PM  

Hi Kate,

Wow! this is children's favorite do you have the recipe on the sauce. pls. post if you have.
Thank you very much.

Kate January 6, 2011 at 7:52 AM  

Unfortunately, I don't know how to make it hehehe.

Post a Comment

link within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP