I Miss Baking
>> Friday, July 10, 2009
Some series of not so fortunate events left us with very few choices of HDBs to choose from. I always wanted to settle in a unit with complete kitchen amenities. Meaning, it should have an oven. Anyway, we ended up in still a homey flat but without the oven I wanted.
I am willing to settle for a table top oven like the first one I got but couldn't find the perfect brand yet. It is either too small or too expensive for me. I wouldn't want to pay for a table-top unit for $500-700 (SGD). My auto-convert mind still has to make lots of adjustment before I could accept the fact that a table-top oven is as expensive as a full gas range back in the Philippines.
I miss baking a lot. I miss the smell of cake and cookies in my kitchen. I miss seeing my kids await in excitement as mommy bakes their favorite goodies. I want to bake breads and loaves and bars.
And now I have to win the battle with my husband to get an oven instead of a new computer.
Please, please... oven first so I can bake again!
2 comments:
hie hie kate!
U're in Singapore now right? Are u familiar with the places? if not, do u need help to look for ovens? coz I can happily accompany u!hehehe..;p
-huda
(frm muffillecious multiply)
hi huda, thanks a lot. yes, i'm here in singapore. the only places I've looked for ovens are the usual appliance stores in malls like Courts, etc. Any place you can recommend? For now, a small oven will do, I guess I'll settle for it just to get to bake again hahaha!
Post a Comment