Kitchen Innovation: My Cake Turntable
>> Sunday, July 12, 2009
The time I badly needed a cake turn-table, I was hoping what I would find is one worth just a little over a thousand bucks (around US$20). I was saddened that the price of Wilton's turntable didn’t meet my budget. I was not yet willing to spend that much for this kitchen gadget. In desperation, I searched for cheaper alternatives and there was only one thing on my mind.
This!
Looks familiar? Yes, that purple thing is a twister exerciser. I couldn’t think of any better alternative that I could readily purchase. Without second thoughts, I rushed to the sporting section of the department store and bought this stuff. To provide for a larger base, I used one of my glass boards measuring about 14 inches and secured it with a double adhesive tape. Since then, I never thought of buying a real cake turntable. Though this one doesn’t tilt, it works pretty well for me. The cost? Roughly two hundred bucks or US$4.
3 comments:
hi kate, thanks for sharing this. Now I can have my own improvised turntable for less. It's so true that Wilton turntable is quite expensive especially for beginners like me.
you're welcome :)
Dear kate, its nice to hear frm u. U got a nice idea so u got the ryt one than buying the expensive one.I am just here reading anywhere in your posts..:-)sharee
Post a Comment