Where To Buy: My List of Baking Suppliers in Manila
>> Sunday, August 9, 2009
To answer some inquiries on where to buy baking supplies in Manila, I am posting here just a few of the suppliers I frequent to while I was still actively baking. I am also including a few tips on how to get there VIA PUBLIC TRANSPORT. Don't ask me how to go there by private car, I can't help you.
Chocolate Lovers
Chocolate Lovers carries almost anything you need from ingredients to packaging. Take the MRT and alight at Cubao station. Exit at the opposite side of Farmers Plaza. Find the tricycle queue either outside HBC store or the ones near Edsa and ask the driver to take you to Chocolate Lovers. If you see the "castle" that's Chocolate Lovers.
Some things I couldn't get from them: Corrugated Boards, big cake boxes, big icing tipsSweetCraft
It's a small and neat store. They sometimes have specialized packaging. Via MRT, go down at Boni station, Mandaluyong side. Take a tricycle at the back of the tiangge. If the driver doesn't know where Sweetcraft is, tell him it's in front of RTU (Rizal Technical University).
One thing I would never buy from them: MARSHMALLOW!Carla's Bakery and Confectionery Supply
Unit E Dr. A. Santos Ave. Sucat, Paranaque City
Tel #'s: 8269107; 8205246 (not sure if updated)
It's a small store across Shopwise in Sucat but they almost have anything you need from ingredients to packaging. Take care when crossing the street, okay!
Some reasons I buy from them: friendly staff, variety of box sizes especially bigger sizes, can buy bigger boxes by pieces, they have corrugated boardsSupermarkets - I buy most basic ingredients like baking powder, baking soda, sugar, oil, butter, cheese in the supermarket. Price difference isn't really that much but the convenience of not having to go to the specialty store is priceless.
Department Stores - For baking utensils, Landmark has a variety to choose from and they're cheaper too. SM Malls also have Wilton and other branded products.
Cooks Exchange - Glorietta 4, SM Megamall
Prices at this store, especially for ingredients, are more expensive but if you are buying just a thing or two or a small portion of an ingredient, you would hardly notice.
Guordo's - Glorietta 4, Gateway, The Fort and The Podium (under the name LIVING WELL)
Living Well at the Podium carries the most extensive line of Wilton products.
RM Boxes - although I don't buy my packaging from them directly, they are worth checking out. Some boxes in Chocolate Lovers and other suppliers are actually from them.
DIVISORIA
If buying by the bulk, prices are way cheaper here.Bestway
691 Sto. Cristo Street, Divisoria
Tel #: 242-5366
If going there the first time and commuting, I suggest you go through Divisoria Mall and find the Sto. Cristo exit. Upon exit, walk towards the left direction and find the Chinabank signage on the right side of street, that is if it's still there. Right before that Chinabank signage is Bestway. If they haven't change their store signage, you might not clearly see it right away. Bestway has lots of items for cake decorating including edible flowers, candles, cake backdrop. They have a variety of packaging too.
Estanislao Trading
817 Sto. Cristo Street, Divisoria
Tel #s: 241-9541 / 241-9487 / 243-3976
If Bestway is to the left, Estanislao is to the right. It's I guess the 3rd store right after crossing M. de Santos Street (where Allied Bank is).
Enriquez Multi Sales
427 M. de Santos St., Divisoria
Tel #s: 243-3678 / 243-3668
This is just in the neighborhood, too. You can take the same Sto. Cristo exit and find M. de Santos. This is near Allied Bank, just ask around as I cannot exactly point to what direction will you go.
George Enterprises
736 Tabora St., Divisoria Manila
Tel #s: 2418578 / 2418579
I only buy one item here... my chinese boxes
QUIAPO
This is another alternative when buying in bulkNUTSTORE and KILLION - both located at Orosco Street. This is behind Quaipo Fire Station.
Note: In Killion, you have to fill out an order form at the front desk (whatevah!), and give it to the the saleslady there. Do not give it to the sales lady at the door side. If there are plenty of customers make sure you know how to make "singit" or else you will never be entertained. Then pay for your order and they will give you a part of the order slip you filled out. You need that small slip of paper to claim your order at the side.
There you have it. Take note that the list here is not comprehensive as this is just the list of stores where I used to buy my stuff.
PS.
I found Wilton products from Divisoria more expensive.
81 comments:
Thanks for this. It's really informative.
I can't wait for my parents to buy me an oven so I can bake :p
you're welcome marie, it's fun to bake! yipee!
Oh, I have another question xD
Sorry for asking so much. But do you know where I can find Magic Line cake pans? I read that it's so much better than the Wilton pans. Especially the square and rectangular ones.
Thanks :D
Sorry but I am not familiar with Magic Line products. Though I am familiar with Wilton, I don't own one wilton pan yet. I used the pans from Chocolate Lovers, they're cheaper but good quality.
mommy kate!! i sorely mised you... you must have read my mind lately!! been wondering how can i reach you.
just so happy to find you!!
THANKS.
kiamy ;-)
Hi Kiamy, how are you? You can still reach me at Multiply hehehe.
Thanks for this! I chanced upon your blog while scouring the net for baking stores in divisoria. It's really helpful. Can't wait to check these out!
Hi Ditzymomma, thanks, you're welcome.
hello.. i'm looking for a store to buy chocolate molds/molders and those who are making customizing molds.. may alam po ba kau? thank you.
hi Gerlyn, there are plenty of chocolate molds at Chocolate Lovers in Cubao. meron din sa nutstore sa quiapo mas mura pero in terms of design mas marami talaga sa CL. Customized? Di ko alam kung meron gumagawa ng customized e.
ah ok po.. thanks. im so excited on my chocolate molding class sa CL. thanks for the info!
do you know where i can find a wedding cake toppers and gumpaste flower?? thank you
hi aicel, Chocolate Lovers, Sweetcraft and Carla's all have gumpaste flowers, Bestway in Divisoria also has plenty of them. For wedding toppers, if you're referring to the bride and groom toppers and looking for edible ones you will hardly find them. For bride and groom toppers, I would recommend buying the nice figurines from department stores over the ceramic ones sold in baking supply stores :D
hi,i just come across your pages and i love the way you describe each store, this is what i really needed. i am a working mom but i do like to bake on the weekends and i accept some orders. right now i am working on a baptismal cupcakes and scouting for places where i can possibly buy the things i need. thank you so much for the info.
anyway, wilton products are good and i didn't notice that it is more expensive in divisoria than in the malls.
thanks..
hi michelle, thanks for dropping by, we don't buy wilton products in Divisoria, you're right they're more expensive. I know maraming pang baking suppliers around but i am not so familiar na.
Hello :)
So now I have an oven and have been baking a lot. I even tried your cake recipe. It was very moist but I don't like the texture very much, I think I must've done something wrong. Anyway, I digress. I just wanna ask what kind of flour do you use? It can be very expensive, using the branded ones from the grocery stores.
Wow, that's a great start. Anyway, I just use all-purpose flour from the grocery but not the boxed/branded ones coz they're way too expensive. How would you describe the texture of the cake you made?
the stores you give in divisoria and quiapo, do they sell packaging materials for cupcakes?thanks...
hi edieh, bestway in divisoria has packaging for cupcakes.
hi ms. kate and fellow pinay baker!
kindly cosider visiting my website in multiply. http://www.bakeitdainty.multiply.com OR FB account BAKE DAINTY. i offer fondant tools and some baking tools and cookie cutters. All items are from USA but for a affordable price.
Thanks!
thanks for the info! i am planning to make a fondant birthday cake for my daughter's 11th this month (first time with fondant- nervous). i might drop by to those places you mentioned. i never thought SM home section also carries wilton, i almost gave up and would resort to asking my husband buy the materials for me in singapore (that was before finding your blog from numerous links in google world!)
thank you so much!!!
p.s. do you know where i could find cheap but nice alphabet n numbers fondant/cookie cutters? and fondant imprint mats or rollers?
from :ehojilla@gmail.com
Livingwell at The Podium carries an almost complete line of Wilton products. Their store is worth checking. For big alphabet and number cutters (about 2"), the Wilton 101 cookie cutters include them. For smaller ones, I use the plastic cutters I bought from Sweetcraft before but which your husband can buy from Singapore at a much cheaper price. I found some in Sunlik before for about $5sgd. Imprint mats meron daw sa Trinoma, my friend bought her set from there, but I bet you can find some at Livingwell.
Goodluck on your first fondant cake. It would be fun.
By the way, you can check livingwell online. Just google it.
i am from mindanao and i plan to go there this coming oct.28 to buy baking tins for my bakery,cake decorator and other things.i also want to buy ribbons, coloring paste. where do you think should i go.
can you please reply in my yahoo account.. babyporky2@yahoo.com
thanks
Hello
I am interested in buying themed cake pans or molds
How much po diyan sa Pinas kasi dito sa Sg medyo limited
can you suggest?
Thanks
Cel
Hi Cel, I am not sure of the prices of themed pans coz i don't even own one hehehe. Try checking Livingwell to check if they have wilton character pans. They have pricelist there as well. Here's the site:
http://www.livingwellonline.net/
Hi Cel, thanks for this, I wanna share also my great find, for those looking for vanilla beans and pure vanilla extract ("pure" & not the bitter tasting "chemical" ferna ones) in manila, you can get them thru The Vanilla Company, their website is http://www.thevanillaco.com
Wow, thanks for that information Chloe. I spotted vanilla beans one time at cooks Exchange.
Hi! I was informed that cupcake boxes/packaging are sold by 100's in Divisoria. Would you know how much per 100's?... Thanks
I haven't been to that place for a long time and I no longer have an idea how much would it cost. RM Boxes sell them by the hundreds too, try checking their site and perhaps give them a call for the pricing. Here is the link to their site:
http://www.rmboxes.com/
More often than not, the boxes sold in Divisoria are from RM Boxes itself.
Hi, do you have an idea where I can get pure soy flour?
Thank You!
-Maui
Hello,
do you know where I can get soy flour?? Thanks!
-maui
mlcmendoza@yahoo.com
Hi Maui, I apologize but I don't have info on this as I haven't used soy flour in my kitchen. Try Metro Market Market, they sort of carry hard to find baking items.
oh, ok. Thanks anyway.
=)-Maui
where can i buy not-so-common chocolate moulder? like characters in disney....
saan kaya makakabili ng ready- to-spread icing and sponge cake?
Sometimes they are available in the Nutstore in Quiapo or Chocolate Lovers in Cubao.
Kaye, so sorry but I am not sure about ready-to-spread icing coz I always make mine from scratch. Fondant and Gumpaste me available but spreadable icing like buttercream di ako sure.
thank you.. and how about the sponge cake/ cake base?? san nabibili?
hi.i was wondering if you know where i can buy colored papercups for cupcakes. the ones available in the grocery are the plain ones only. tnx very much!
hi, just new to your website. it has lots of helpful tips to read from ur site. very informative.You look like Ma'am Shirley Villafranca, the one im reading from her site re: about breadmaking. She shared everything from her experiences..not so selfish. I can say u are one of the best teacher in cake decorating. loves all ur artwork! keep it up and GOD bless u more!!
if you're referring to ready baked cakes, i think most commercial bakeshops have them. For spongecake premixes, baking suppliers like Chocolate Lovers have them.
I am not updated with the suppliers since I left Manila, but when I was still there, I get my colored baking cups from Metro Market Market. There are also colored baking cups at Bestway, the foil type ones. Try this also:
http://thecocoapantry.multiply.com/
Thanks.
oh, I am flattered but I consider myself a newbie when it comes to cake decorating skills. I am still learning old and new things everyday. I am just glad to share it to other baking enthusiasts, sort of compiling here what I learn from other people too.
Hi,
do you know where I can buy Sweetex?
thanks
hi kate,im really glad na ito ang lumabas sa paghahanap ko regarding a 1st time like dahil lahat ng kailangan ko at hanapin nasa site mo.even sa mga ingredients,mga gamit sa pagbabake ay nandito rin.at ang pinaka gusto ko ay yung syempre mura lang pero maganda or quality din.isa akong working mom at mahilig magbake.medyo nagpapraktis para lalong ma enhance.gusto ko pang matuto para magkaroon ako kahit dito lang sa bahay maliit na negosyo ba.happy talaga ako na ang site mo ang nakita ko.god bles and more power..
hi katie. thank you very much for all the info. anyway, am looking for plastic dessert containers (sliced cake container. checked rm but it's not available. please help. thank you
Hi Adel, thanks so much. More power to you too, nagsisimula lang yan sa maliit, sooner than you know it, malaki na business mo.
I used to spot this sliced cake container at Chocolate Lovers, Sweetcraft and at Bestway in Divisoria. Wala sa RM yon.
hi ms.kate, thank you for unselfishly sharing your knowledgeto those person who are interested in baking like me.i just would like to know if you are making all the cupcake toppers in your creations or is it being sold in the market?can you tell me where can i buy cupcake toppers?thanks a lot.God bless.
just found your website today... very helpful. thanks so much!
I make most of my toppers since they are hardly available in baking supply stores. Sometimes, Sweetcraft has toppers.
Thanks to all!
Hello Kate,
You know where I can find inexpensive yet good quality cookie cutters, gel food coloring, and pastry bag tips in Manila? Thanks in advance.
Hi Mavie, sometimes in the kitchen section of department stores me mga cutters na mura. Sometimes tsambahan lang. SM have Wilton cutters, not very expensive naman. Cooks EXchange madami din. They also have gel food color and tips, but mas madami talaga at Chocolate Lovers.
For Cake Decorating items - Gourdo's supplies cake decorating molds and pans for cakes, cupcakes, candies and cookies. Gourdo's has also been helping out cake decorators in multiply to help them get updated on new cake decorating designs like valentines pans for February =) Gourdo's also supply kitchenwares, baking materials and tools for cooking and baking =) www.gourdos.com
Thanks so much for this, though we have visited most of the shops you mentioned, it's great to know that there are other specialty stores around, this is very helpful :)
thanks so much for sharing =) I have bookmarked your page for reference. God bless you always!
Joex - Baguio City
Killion has a delivery service. As long as you buy P5,000 worth of products, they can schedule you for delivery. You just have to fax in your order so no need to queue up and make "singit" at their store =)
Wonderful post! Very informative.
Thank you....
hi can u suggest where i can buy cheap baking supplies in manila? baking supplies here in cebu are so expensive.. thank you.. :)
Hi Mam, in case any of your readers happen to be residing in San Pedro, Laguna, I have a small baking supplies store in Plaza Pacita. I have a little of everything, like cake boxes, chocolate blocks and chips, cake toppers, sprinkles, and other packaging needs. If you have any inquiries please call us at 5425469(landline) or 09228633242. Thanks and it was really great reading "Mother's Home Journal".
hi!!! Thanks for this... It's been really a great help... ;P
Hello, I need some help. Where can I buy fleischmann's yeast in the Philippines? Sa SM supermarket ba meron? Please help.
Thank you very much.. are this stores includes chocolates for chocolate lollipops and candieas.. even molds?
Hello Kate,
Where can I find toppings you put on brownies. Like the cancy sprikles, chocolate chips, chopped peanuts? Thanks!
Hi this is quey of Makati. I just wanna ask where can i buy a cheap figurine molder. The molders used for figurines for cake decoration. Can u suggest any stores that sell that in cheaper prices? Do u know anywhere in Divisoria?
Tnx!
hi miss kate ask q lng kun me alam ka na bilihan ng hello kitty na molder for chocolate lollipops.. thanks..
do you know where i can buy a customized alphabet cake?
hi. kindly check American Hospitality Academy Philippines' website. we have special programs specially in baking..=)
hello kate! your site is so useful. I started baking like 2 weeks ago and medyo nahihirapan pa rin ako. Saan ba pwede makabili ng ready-made gumpaste at fondant? Thank you!
hi...can i buy just plain cupcakes? dont know how to operate an oven hehe...scary to experiment on something that can blow up
how much do you buy the chinese boxes @ George Enterprises
736 Tabora St., Divisoria Manila
Tel #s: 2418578 / 2418579
where do u think i can buy sprinkles?
hi kate... pls help me secure a doll cake molder? are u still in multiply? maybe we cud do it over there? maybe just if
This is a very nice post. Thanks. Do you know where to buy fondant candies, like heart shaped fondant? i really do need them for my valentine cupcakes' toppings and its time consuming to actually make from scratch.. thank you so much!
Cause i need small to medium heart fondant cutouts for my orders these valentines, where can i buy them? RM Boxes is a good store, they do ship orders even only a pack of 20. Cupcake boxes are sold by packs (20/pack) holders are sold by 100s. and they do give free items for bulky orders. :)
Try calling Sweetcraft and Chocolate Lovers, they probably have ready made valentine toppers. I am not very much updated with manila suppliers anymore. It's been a long time I haven't scanned the stores there.
As for boxes, try searching in Facebook "Boxmakers". They have a good supply of packaging products. I also buy from Carla's (see contact # above). They ship nationwide and you can buy, I think, by piece of the boxes.
I would like to begin baking but don't know where to find the cheapest utensils/tools/ingredients. Among those stores you've posted above, which would you recommend? Thanks.
Hi Miel, the department stores would be the best place to go. I heard Landmark has cheaper finds.
Which dept store po has the wedding figurines? Thank you!
Post a Comment