Cathedral Window
>> Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Okay guys, I'm only posting here a copy of the recipe I found in my old, old recipe notebook. I guess this was how the Cathedral Window recipe was dictated to me by my aunt. I apologize that I couldn't post my own picture here as I really don't have plans of making one soon. As I have mentioned in my previous post, I grew tired of eating this already and I doubt my son would want to eat one soon.
We actually don't use the cubed gelatine for our recipes but cubed mangoes. Of course, you can always use cubed jellies.
With no instructions written in my notes, I guess we'd all be guessing for now hehehe.
If I were to make this, I'd rewrite this recipe into something like this:
2 packets of Knox gelatine (I'm really fond of the Knox brand)
1 1/2 cups water
3 tetra pack Magnolia all-purpose cream or 3 small cans of Nestle cream
1 can condensed milk
Mangoes
And the procedure would be like this:
Sprinkle gelatin over water and let stand for a few minutes until gelatin is soft. Heat in the microwave for a few seconds until gelatine is dissolved.
Meanwhile, mix the cream and milk in a small saucepan and heat in the stove over low fire.
Mix the dissolved gelatine to the cream mixture and transfer to gelatine molds. Allow to set for a few minutes before adding or dropping the cubed mangoes. If you put all the mangoes while gelatine is still soft, they will all sink to the bottom. That can be done if that's how you prefer it.
Chill before serving.
Anyway, to not keep my post hanging, I searched for Cathedral Window in the net and stumbled upon another Pinay's great, great blog. Here's a photo of her Cathedral Window using cubed jellies.
Here's a link to her great recipe:
BEST EVER CATHEDRAL WINDOW
(And boy, look at her sewing projects, they're amazing).
Here's another link to Carnation's own version:
Cathedral Windows
Enjoy!
6 comments:
Hi Kate, I used to bake a lot myself but then I noticed I started to gain weight from eating all the good stuff so I switched to sewing! Thanks for linking back to my blog. Hope you give the recipe a go someday. Glad to have found a fellow Filipina on the net!
Hahaha, OMG, that's what I'm going through right now. Maybe I should go back to bead craft. Anyway, I will try sewing again and maybe progress from pillowcases to curtains LOL! I will try your recipe one day, will just need to find fat-free milk hahaha.
I've always wanted to try Corinne's recipe but it seemed so much work.
I'll try her binder with your idea using cubed mangoes. Maybe nata de coco too :p
hehehe, the ones we used to make was pretty simple, the jelly cubes actually are the ones that takes time to make. we tried it with fruit cocktail too.
just in case you'll be interested to complicate your recipe... allow me to share my version of the cathedral windows (using jellies) :)
Thanks for sharing this! :) I might try it out one of these days :)
Post a Comment