Bitten by Lanzones

>> Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Lanzones, as long as it is sweet, is one of my favorite fruits. Called Langsat in Malaysia, this fruit is a plenty in the Philippines and Malaysia. Hubby came home one night with a bag full of lanzones, though loose (not in bunch), they're really sugary sweet. He bought three kilos for $5.00. Really not bad, I thought. Even cheaper than lanzones in Manila.

Then, last Saturday at the grocery in IMM , I saw these langsat in really neat bunches. I asked the sales person who much was it as the signage was hidden behind the pile of fruits. I heard him say $1.90. Without second thoughts, I grabbed three kilos and handed him $6.00. The sales person just stood there as if waiting for something more, he wasn't handing me the bag. Then I asked again how much in all. $15.oo. Did I hear it right? It's $5.00 per kilo and not $1something as I thought I heard.
Oh no, what to do? I really am not willing to pay $5 a kilo. Had hubby not bought some at $2 a kilo in our neighborhood, I wouldn't have silently complain.

Despite the shame I felt inside, I politely asked the man to just give me 2 kilos. Indeed, that lanzones bit me. I'd rather buy from the fruit stand near us. It's sweeter and cheaper.

Got to go, hubby bought 3 kilos again today and you know where I'm heading.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

link within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP