Ariel Cake: The Cake that Never Was
>> Sunday, January 23, 2011
Isn't it pretty? Sad, but this cake did not make it to the destination in one piece. Long story but to make it short, let me just say that some people just don't know how to take care of cakes. I have my share of fault. I will not elaborate. I just want to give a lesson to bakers like me. Let the person/s who pick up the cake sign a waiver or whathaveyou stating that they receive the cake in good condition and that whatever happens during transport, you're no longer liable to it.

6 comments:
you know, Kate. that cake is so cute! oh,so sad and yeah you are right!. any way, is that ariel topper a fondant or a toy? i admire its(the cake) beauty.sharee
hi kate..sorry to hear the sad story of ariel..anyway the cake is very beautiful! Just want to ask what kind of icing did you use in frosting the cake? Your boiled icing 2? Love the gumpaste features on it ; ) by the way i started molding my own gumpaste, it was fun! thanks a lot!
Ariel is a Disney doll so hindi ako pwede ma copyright nito hahaha.
Bles, it's italian meringue buttercream from Joe Pastry's recipe.
Hi Ms. Kate, sorry to hear that, its a shame coz the cake is really a stopper. How I hope that one of these days I can make one like this.. By the way, browsing your previous entries made me realize that you're staying in Dipolog. We're just neighbors, hehehe..I'm here in Dumaguete. With this, I like to know where you get your supplies? Kasi ako dito, ang hirap hanapin ng mga ingredients. I would like to try gumpaste but the ingredient used to harden the paste is not available here, or di ko lang alam kung saan bilhin hehehe..
thanks, I will surely be visiting your site often.
Hi Jinky, so happy to find a neighbor hahaha (not next door lang). I get my supplies mostly from Cebu, same here some ingredients and tools are hard to come by. The CMC I use for gumpaste I bought from Manila. You can try using Gummix if you can find one and just mix with your fondant to make it more pliable. That would do the job.
Hello Ms. Kate, welcome back!! Been wondering why were you gone for quite a while, I thought you were out of town.
Anyway, thanks for your tips and suggestions, I think I saw Gummix here, so will try that out.
Hoping to see some more of your creations here soon!!
Post a Comment