Cathedral Window

>> Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Originally Posted: May 2010 

Here is my official version of the Cathedral Window. After almost a decade of not making this recipe, I finally conceded to make it one more time to see if I still want to eat it and to check if my picky kids would like it too. This is an adaptation of the old recipe I had.

CATHEDRAL WINDOW

Ingredients:

2 packets Knox gelatin (1/2 ounce)
1/2 cup cold water
1 can condensed milk
2 cups all-purpose cream (500ml or 2 tetra pack Nestle All-Purpose Cream)
colored jellos/gulaman (I used green and red Alsa Mr. Gulaman)


Directions:

1. Prepare your cubed jellies ahead. Simply follow the instructions that comes with the jelly you bought. I used Alsa gulaman in green and red colors only. The gulaman takes about 30-45 minutes to cool down and set. Cut into cubes.

2. Sprinkle 2 packets of Knox gelatin to water and allow to soften for two minutes then melt the gelatin by microwaving for 30 seconds or by slowly heating it over low fire. Once gelatin has melted, mix the rest of the ingredients.

3. Mix the cubed jellies and transfer to your jelly mold. You can use any shape you like, any mold you like. Even glasses will do. Allow to set then chill for a few hours (if you can wait) before eating. If you plan to serve it to your guests, I suggest you use the old school jelly mold, the one that has a removable bottom for easy release.

Enjoy it, it still is the tastiest, yummiest Cathedral Window for me.

Edited: 19 January 2010 for my friend, Anna.

For the colored jellos, I prefer to use the cheap Agar-agar carrying the brand name Mr. Gulaman and the other one, I forgot, similar to the former. These are the ones that requires 6 cups of water per sachet and sets really, really well. Just add a little sugar to make it not to bland.

3 comments:

Anonymous,  June 19, 2010 at 10:31 AM  

i'll try this ♥ -monick

Anonymous,  January 6, 2011 at 10:34 AM  

what is its introduction for production process?

Anonymous,  April 20, 2011 at 2:00 PM  

ms kate, is it really 1/2 cup and not 1-1/2 cup.tnx

Post a Comment

link within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP