Fondant Molding

>> Tuesday, March 23, 2010

When I started decorating cake, I was right away into fondant molding simply because I flunk in piping due to my Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS). I cannot keep my hand steady for a long time which is needed when piping decorations. I can even hardly pipe straight lines because of this condition. On the contrary, decorating with fondant, with the help of cutters can be made easier.

I will soon be posting easy tutorials on how to mold fondant figures, just basic figures that even children can learn. Looking back at my projects, let me tell you that many people were amazed at what I have done and can do. To tell you honestly, and I have mentioned this in my older posts, I wasn't artistic nor creative (still am not) but God created me with a right brain that I can use if only I choose to. I did not take any formal class in molding or cake decorating though I'm dying to go through these classes in the future. I started decorating equipped with nothing but GUTS. Everytime I was/am asked to do something new, I give my yes based on gut feel. With the help of the internet and some basic tools, I am able to create the figures needed.

There are many information and tutorial available on the net. Some for free, some wtih fee. To pay forward the learning that I got for free, I will soon be posting a tutorial of my own. I will also share some tips and techniques that I've learned from this trade.

Watch out for it!

7 comments:

Anonymous,  March 23, 2010 at 9:54 PM  

yahoo! so xctd miss kate, been hoping ul post some fondant tutorial.. bdw do u stll sell some souffle? badly nid some 3 oz this april.

Kate March 23, 2010 at 10:45 PM  

i have souffle cups coming but i am not sure when. We are expecting the box to be here this week or next week. will post asap pag dumating na. how many do you need? meron pa naman akong kunti dito and wont be needing them yet.

Anonymous,  March 26, 2010 at 4:13 PM  

guess i nid 30 pcs or more.id to finalize my tot. # f guest pa. bdw how much po ung souffle cups mu?

Kate March 26, 2010 at 10:38 PM  

please email me details dear @ simplykatescakes@yahoo.com, will send you the price in your email na rin. thanks.

Anonymous,  April 4, 2010 at 6:28 PM  

i lrdy send u an email ms kate! thanks

Xy-Za November 23, 2010 at 12:31 PM  

Your such a blessing! I've been dying to make fondant cakes and like you i have issues with piping too. Following you now!

Kate November 30, 2010 at 12:24 AM  

Thanks! Good luck to us!

Post a Comment

link within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP