Preggy but Sexy
>> Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Here is the final cake, the Preggy and Sexy Cake for Lloyd's birthday from his loving wife, Meg. Of course, that's with the special participation of her daughter who seemed to get amazed at the ever daring mom :D. At first I was hesitant to do this with the chocolate fudge buttercream frosting as I was a bit scared the figure would sink in the frosting. This is why I have to put a board to support the figure and dowel the part of the cake where the board sits. I used four lollipop sticks to dowel it.
The figure was made from gumpaste-fondant mixture. It was easier to do it this time as I don't need to focus much on the curves of the body LOL. Forgive me if I can't post a tutorial or how to's for my fondant figures as I really have very little time to do that. But I do hope, in the future, I could spare time for this.

3 comments:
ano po ba rationale behind mixng fondant and gumpaste? n how do you mix yours?
I use a 50-50 mixture especially when I'm working on 3D figures. It allows me to work on it for a little bit longer. Gumpaste dries too fast while fondant dries longer. I want a more pliable material to work with, that way I have more time to shape it. Pag gumpaste lang kasi nagbibrittle na di pa ako tapos mag shape. Pag fondant lang, matagal matuyo and not as pliable.
now i get it! thanks
Post a Comment