Billy's Vanilla Cupcake
>> Friday, March 19, 2010
I have long been searching for a white cake recipe to be used in my white cupcakes. I have tried a few recipes from my mom's cookbook including chiffon cake and some butter cakes from a famous membership site. My search now seem to have come to an end when I discovered Billy's Vanilla cupcake recipe from Martha Stewart's site. I always go for recipes that have ingredients that are easy to find and are easy to prepare yet turns out really moist and yummy and this one's perfect for it. I love it with the Chocolate Italian Meringue Buttercream frosting
If you watch the video of Billy Reece doing the demo, you might get confused as he added two tablespoons of baking powder while the written recipe writes only one tablespoon. I went with the latter and never had problems. This is my second time to try this recipe and the result is the same, a smooth, delicate, moist vanilla cupcake that is just what I wanted.
Billy Reece's Vanilla Cupcakes
Ingredients:
Makes about 30 cupcakes
1 3/4 cups cake flour
1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch cubes
4 large eggs
1 cup whole milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line cupcake pans with paper liners; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt; mix on low speed until combined. Add butter, mixing until just coated with flour.
2. In a large glass measuring cup, whisk together eggs, milk, and vanilla. With mixer on medium speed, add wet ingredients in 3 parts, scraping down sides of bowl before each addition; beat until ingredients are incorporated but do not overbeat.
3. Divide batter evenly among liners, filling about 2/3 full. Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 17 to 20 minutes.
4. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Frost with desired frosting.

3 comments:
if using foil baking cups, do we need to adjust the temp of the oven or not?
I usually don't. I only adjust when using non-stick dark muffin pans and glass bakeware.
i love cupcakes i am 10 and i want to be a baker
when i grow up
Post a Comment