Dora Cakes

>> Saturday, June 12, 2010

Okay, before I get busy in my new, little business, let me just post my latest cake creations. Not really something unusual and uncommon.

Well, sometimes it makes me glad that people here in Dipolog are not as particular as those in Manila who really would prefer hand-molded toppers over ready made, ceramic toppers. Of course, with the big price difference, I'm happy to see people who would rather be practical than fancy. It makes the job a lot easier.

And notice my cake on top? I did not even bother to make my own flowers (except the tiny ribbon roses). I just bought them. The trick is just to make the cake not so much like the old-school looking cakes hehehe. Oopps, pardon my frankness this time.
How many times do I have to insist that Dora and Mickey are indeed best of friends? They are, I swear. The trees above were hand-painted using a brush. Both cakes were my Moist Chocolate Cake filled and frosted with Boiled Icing from my recipe collection.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

link within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP