Thick and Fudgy Brownies

>> Thursday, September 17, 2009

This recipe is from the Brownies DVD I bought from Chocolate Lovers. Though I have had the recipe for quite sometime now, it was the first time I tried this Thick and Fudgy Almond Brownies. I run out of all-purpose flour so I resorted to using the self-rising flour in the pantry and just omitted the salt and baking powder. The result, a very thick and not so fudgy brownies. I blame it on the flour, hehehe... or should it really be this thick???

pardon me if this is the only decent photo I can present
I cut the brownies while still hot

Here's the recipe for you to try and let me know how it turns out using all-purpose flour. I am not making one again very soon.

THICK AND FUDGY BROWNIES

Ingredients:

3/4 cup (1 1/2 stick) butter
1 cup cocoa
1 3/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1/3 cup water
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
vanilla
1 cup sliced almond for topping (optional)

Procedure:
  1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
  2. Grease an 8x8 square pan and line with greaseproof or waxpaper. This is the usual procedure but if you are as lazy as me, I often omit the greasing part.
  3. Melt butter in a saucepan. Remove from fire and add the rest of the ingredients except almonds and mix just until blended, do not overmix.
  4. Transfer to the prepared pan and top with almonds. 
  5. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out with just a few crumbs but not wet. 
  6. Cool before slicing.
Indulge!

8 comments:

Anonymous,  September 18, 2009 at 8:30 AM  

Sis, I will try this recipe... maybe this weekend. I will let u know how it turns out.

BTW, I like the color of your blog... refreshing and your cakes at the top part makes it more pretty.

I can't find ur alphabet cutter...
I was looking for that when I saw ur cakes... but when I visit Gourdo's in Trinoma out of stock.

Take care.
God bless.

Kate September 18, 2009 at 8:51 AM  

thanks sis, i'm actually experimenting with the css code and learning a lot hehehe kaya paiba iba layout ng blog ko.

i might bring alphabet cutters when I go home this month, try lang if i can find some.

Corinne September 19, 2009 at 5:37 AM  

Hi Kate, Thank you for giving me the puto recipe link. I will look into that. Have you ever tried using rice flour instead of all purpose? I am actually looking for the authentic rice taste. How about yeast instead of baking powder?

Sorry for all the questions! I'm just getting frustrated.

I'll browse through your site more often and try one of your own recipes soon. Thanks!

Kate September 19, 2009 at 9:45 AM  

i've tried flour only e and nope i havent tried kasi the native puto parang too difficult to make hahaha, but once i get home to the province will scout around for authentic puto recipe, i love those little shiny white puto also, one of my favorite native kakanins. will let you know.

ditzymomma January 8, 2010 at 11:40 AM  

tried the recipe before last Christmas and it was superb! I baked more for my friends (as Christmas gifts) and they too loved it. Said it tastes like the ones from Brownies, the ones found in SM malls ^_^

Kate January 9, 2010 at 1:43 PM  

wow, thanks for letting me know ditzymomma. more baking to come!

Anonymous,  January 16, 2011 at 7:11 AM  

hi...just browsing sites.. m really new to this... my daughter's birthday is coming up and i wanted to do it "hands-on"..hehehe.

anyways, i have an electric oven, the ones usually used in making pizza (because its the only thing we know where to use it safely aside from toasting breads, making lasagna, roasting chicken and heating leftovers :)

the temperature says it can do a maximum of 250centigrade.. it has heating rods on the top and bottom of the oven.

just wanna ask if these type of oven can be used for baking such as muffins, brownies or cupcakes.

thanks

Kate January 18, 2011 at 7:14 AM  

hi, yes this type of oven can be used for baking other goodies. Just use the lower heat to do it. Cakes are baked usually at 175deg C.

Post a Comment

link within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP