Rolled Pizza

>> Monday, September 7, 2009

I can't count the number of times I made this recipe for the past three years. This is a favorite in the family either for an afternoon snack or lunch. I call my version ROLLED PIZZA. I first stumbled upon the recipe called Pizzaron from Pinoyrecipe.net but since I am such one lazy kitchen being I make a lazy version of it. I will not give you the quantity for each thing you need as this would depend on how many mouths you are feeding.

You need:

  • loaf bread slices 
  • pizza sauce or tomato sauce or mayonnaise
  • ham or anything you would want to fill the roll (should be cooked separately)
  • cheese sliced into sticks
  • egg/s, beaten
  • bread crumbs (optional)
  • frying oil
    1. Flatten the bread slices using a rolling pin. You can use a round bottle if you don't have the former.

    2. Spread the pizza sauce or any sauce you prefer. I tried mayonnaise before and it tasted really good. I brought some pizza sauce from Pinas which I used for the one I made yesterday.
    3. Lay the ham and the cheese sticks on one end of the bread.

    4. Roll it up as tightly as possible and set aside until every bread slice is done. If there are stubborn rolls, secure ends with toothpick.

    5. Dip each roll in beaten egg and coat with bread crumbs. 

    6. Heat oil in pan and fry the rolls until brown. Don't forget to remove the toothpicks. It shouldn't take long. Drain on paper towels and serve with love.

    I cut the pizza roll into halves using a pair of kitchen scissors so it would look plenty :)
    Two of those slices I call New York Pizza Roll because they have left over roasted chicken from New York, New York. 

    5 comments:

    Carla,  September 7, 2009 at 7:29 PM  

    OK I WILL DO THIS! YUMMMM! You have YM ate? Add me!

    TKW September 15, 2009 at 9:03 AM  

    I've never seen anything like this! I bet my kids will go nuts for it! Thanks!

    LAica July 10, 2010 at 5:14 PM  

    Hi...
    does it stay crunchy?

    Kate July 19, 2010 at 3:16 PM  

    Hi Laica, sorry for the late reply. It does for a while but after an hour it usually get's soft. Maybe if we keep it in the oven at the lowest temperature it will keep it's crunchy-ness

    Post a Comment

    link within

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin

      © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

    Back to TOP