Amazing Avocado
>> Friday, September 4, 2009
While at the grocery three days ago, I spotted some avocados and couldn't resist the temptation to buy some with a recipe already in mind. I love avocado ice cream and I don't need an ice cream maker to make some. I want to keep things simple so I made it using the following:
INGREDIENTS FOR AVOCADO ICE CREAM ala Kate:
- 3 avocados
- 1/2 can of condensed milk
- 1 can (170ml) Nestle cream
- juice of 1 lime to keep it from turning black
Now why would I need an expensive ice cream maker for a dessert that would only last a day in the fridge.
My mom would want to insist not to eat plenty of avocado thinking it's a very high cholesterol. But mom.....
Avocado Facts:
- Also called Alligator Pear because of it's pear shape and alligator like skin.
- Very rich in FAT..... MONOUNSATURATED FATS... the healthy kind of highly digestible fats compared to animal fats and similar to those found in olive oils. Yes mom, they can raise cholesterol, infact they raise the GOOD CHOLESTEROL and lower bad cholesterol.
- They have 60% more potassium than bananas and rich in vitamins C, B, E and K and contains more protein than milk.
- Highest fiber containing fruit.
Still, eat in moderation.

0 comments:
Post a Comment