Sinking Thomas the Train Cake
>> Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Restless. Nervous. This describes how I felt delivering a sensitive cake. A little hump on the road sent chills to my spine. I was worried about the little guy sitting atop the cake which I was carrying on my lap.
I was right that it would make an impression on the cake due to it's weight. The chiffon cake base could not hold it's weight well. I should have doweled the part where the topper sits but it was too late to realize what should have been done.
Aside from the chiffon base, the boiled icing makes the cake topper even more unstable.
Now, can you imagine how scary it could be to travel with a cake like this?
By the way, I propped the topper with some toothpicks. The funny part? I forgot to instruct Jack to remove them.
2 comments:
i just notice how beautiful the letters in your cake? are those made of fondant?
Thanks, yes, they're fondant.
Post a Comment