PAVLOVA CAKE

>> Saturday, March 22, 2008

I was showing my new blog to Jehu and while reading the post about "Baking: Past and Present", he pointed out that I missed out some misadventures in baking and one very thing struck me....a PAVLOVA cake.

PAVLOVA is a meringue dessert named after the Russian ballet dancer, Ánna Pávlova (from Wikipedia). I just knew about this a minute ago :D. My first encounter with this cake was about 15 years ago. A friend's friend offered it to us for dessert. I could never forget the name because the taste hit me like a canon ball. It was indescribably delicious.

I was very happy to find a recipe in one of mom's old handwritten cookbook. I attempted to bake the cake maybe 2 or 3 times, years apart. I could NEVER get it right. Everytime I take out mine from the oven, it always collapsed and flattened. We ate it anyway. Then I gave up.

Now, with memories of it's taste rushing to my tastebuds, I know I gotta make it again. I can't wait. I wonder why I haven't seen any bakeshop sell something like... ahhh...Pavlova.

2 comments:

mimi July 22, 2009 at 12:47 PM  

bake pavlova again and accept orders now.

Kate July 22, 2009 at 1:19 PM  

hehehe, i wish i have a big, big oven.

Post a Comment

link within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP