Let me just share with you one of my latest project, this Hello Kitty cake.
I never thought I would be happy with the result of this cake. First of all I was frustrated with the pink airbrush color. I did not airbrush this though. I just used a paint brush to apply the color. If you look closely the pink color was uneven (blame it on the airbrush color, I should have never used it) but seeing the overall effect of the cake, it doesn't seem to matter anymore. Then the kitty head. I was to use rice crispy treats on it but there were none available at the only store that sells them here so I baked a 6" cake for this one. I was scared the cake would crumble so what I did was coat the cake first with melted white chocolate instead of the usual buttercream. That served well as the binder.
Overall, I was happy that both the Mom and her daughter loved the cake. By the way, this wasn't an original idea. The design was inspired by a photo sent by the Mom.
0 comments:
Post a Comment