Battle of Marshmallows: MMF Experiment Part 2
>> Thursday, July 3, 2008
To give justice to the marshmallows sold by SweetCraft, I purposely bought half a kilo of their MM and put it to a test against the other MM brand. By the way, the marshmallow I'm using here was from Carla's in Sucat which is no different in appearance from the ones sold in Chocolate Lovers. To those who don’t know the story why I am doing this, read here.
SC previously claimed their marshmallow is of good quality. They said it is made by Markenburg who also distributes MM products at supermarkets. To really check their quality, Anna (annabanana) also made her own experiment using Markenburg MM from the grocery which turned out well.
To find out what went wrong with my failed batches, I decided to try it myself. I want to check who's fault was it. Was it my cousin whom I entrusted to make the two batches that time or was it the MM from SC? To take out any bias judgment, here's what did and found out.
----------------------------
These were the two MM's . Obviously, the mallows on the left looks prettier and fresher than on the right. The ones on the right are sticky.
- 4 oz marshmallow
- 8 oz confectioner sugar
- 1 tbsp water
Also put them to a stress (pliability) test and both passed which means that SC's MM isn't that bad at all as I first thought, my apologies.
With that said however does not mean I will be buying their marshmallows :)
I used both to decorate this cake... I used the SC MM to cover the entire cake and for the black patches. My cousin and her family devoured it as I don't like eating cake with fondant icing.



3 comments:
nice cake!
nice cake. i liked the 2nd batch of marshmallows.
hello! it's me again! he-he! pwde ko po bang malaman ang contact # of SC? i think i would like to order from her! i love your cakes by the way! where did you learn? you are so good! =)
Post a Comment