Adios Dora
>> Tuesday, July 22, 2008
I am busy these days making some toppers for a Dora-themed cake and cupcakes.
This afternoon, I called some suppliers for availability of Dora cake toppers but because it was getting late, I decided to put off my Divisoria trip. Just then while I was making some backpacks, my ambitious self thought, "why not make an edible Dora?". I printed some patterns and started outlining the board I've prepared. Goodness, runout or colorflow technique really doesn't work for me. I gave up. Instead of throwing away the brown royal icing, I used it to paint the styro tree I made.
Discouraged with colorflow, I pulled out some sugarpaste and started molding dora, beginning with the torso, body and legs. everything went well. Doing the head part especially the hair part was the most challenging for me but I managed to fully create the topper. I admit, I don't like how she looked like and to justify how she'd look in the picture, I put the parts together and stand it in a styro block.
After taking some pictures, I took pictures of other things totally forgetting that Dora was still standing upright. The next thing I know, she's due for amputation. I shouldn't have left her standing as her legs were still weak. What can I say, I guess we're just not meant for each other.
4 comments:
Oh! poor Dora. :)and you are one creative soul...keep it up!
lol! poor dora... hihi..
love your work! but i symphatize with dora =(
this is soooo funny! hahaha. dora looks cute though. with or without the legs :)
Post a Comment