S.H.A.M.E. on ME!
>> Friday, November 4, 2011
I'm a big embarrassment to the blogging community. Seems like I only post on this blog twice a year and I am a bit disappointed with myself for not keeping up with what I started. I somehow abandoned blogging for a more lucrative habit. The habit of not being able to say no to people asking me to make cakes for their loved ones. I keep telling myself that I needed a break. Caking for money (well, there is no term more frank than this) has been taking over my life. Although I can afford to live comfortably without this so-called cake business, I have been engulfed by it just as it did to me three years ago while I was still in the big metro.
Barely a year since I baked that first order since I arrived (from Singapore), orders are just piling up filling my calendar so fast that I barely have time for myself. This is where the cycle of my love and hate relationship with baking comes in. Now I love it, then I get exhausted and complain and feel like it's a curse. It looks like an addiction. I get withdrawal symptoms when I am not working. During breaks, I spend my time spring cleaning my tools and working space to be ready for the next job. Shamefully, I spend too much time FB'ing, if you know what I mean, catching up with friends, answering inquiries and comments, sending quotations.
I feel the need to break this cycle. I am getting dumb from interacting with walls. These short status updates are blocking my creative juices. Today is my birthday. There's not gonna be plenty of years ahead. Life is short. I want to do all the other things that makes life wonderful. I will keep you posted more often, that's my birthday promise.
♥ Kate
1 comments:
hi,. im new here and i'm an avid reader of your blogs,. love your recipes and thank you for sharing them ,. more power and God Bless po.,
Post a Comment