Why I Wasn't Baking
>> Thursday, May 13, 2010
Due to the almost unbearable summer heat and our 6-hour rotating brownout the past two months, I haven't been baking much. I mean I haven't been baking at all. I can't remember except for the few orders that came in. Who would want to bake at an already 36°C temperature. Even if I have an airconditioned kitchen I wouldn't want to turn it on either with the new price hike the electric companies are charging consumers. During periods of no brownouts, we often took the opportunity to do the laundry and house cleaning. And our brownout schedule: 2-6PM then 8-10PM. It ain't funny at all. Three days before the May 10 election up until today there were no more power interruptions and I am crossing my fingers, with the onset of the rainy season, that there will be no more brownouts, pleaseeee! I want to try more new recipes soon and want to mold figures without sweat dripping down my forehead.
2 comments:
hi! i'm just starting to bake and i found your site.. thank you so much for sharing your secrets :) now i am starting to sell my cupcakes.. thank you soo much...
you're welcome dear.
Post a Comment