I'm Molding Again

>> Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A month ago, I bought some lighweight clay just because I missed molding a lot. And since there is no opportunity yet for me to mold again, I find these lightweight clay a very good alternative. However, it took a month before I got the chance to open it.

Hearty lightweight clay (50g each pack)

Yesterday was the day to try it. I just opened the yellow and black as I just wanted a feel of the clay itself and this is what I made.


the antennae is from the many mini artificial stamens
I brought with me from Pinas

smile was imprinted using a drinking straw

This lightweight clay is very easy to work on as it is very smooth, very light and doesn't stick to the fingers. This doesn't require baking as oppose to polymer clay. Just leave it to airdry for 24 hours. You can stick parts together by using white glue. See the picture above with still the white glue? Don't worry about it as the glue will be transparent when it dries up.

I might post some tutorials in the future which might be helpful to those who wish to start fondant molding. Yet another project I could only wish for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  April 14, 2010 at 10:08 AM  

ever try using fondant in making this bees? if u do ,do u use artificial stamens or talagang u make edible stamens?

Kate April 14, 2010 at 8:26 PM  

i've made bees before for a princess cake, i used artificial stamens, got plenty at hand hehehe.

Post a Comment

link within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP